Stuffed mushrooms were one of my favorite dishes to make in my pre-Keto days. There was just one problem. I used LOTS of breadcrumbs which are obviously not keto friendly. Tonight I decided to work on adapting the recipe, and I am very happy with the result! These tasty low carb stuffed mushrooms turned out even better than my previous carb laden recipe! SCORE!
We had our friends over for dinner and our friend Andy kept ‘distracting us’, so we would look away and he could grab another mushroom. I am not even fibbing. It didn’t matter how many times we told him to feel free to have more. He would say, ‘hey look, an eagle’. Every time it would be something different. Although it was dumb, it was really very funny at the same time. Needless to say, the tray of mushrooms was empty at the end of dinner!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! If you make it, please tag me on Instagram @candidly.keto & #candidlyketo . Are you starting your ketogenic or low carb journey & want support? I would love to get to know you in my Keto Support Group!These stuffed mushrooms taste delicious, and you wouldn't expect that they would only take 10 minutes of prep! Click To Tweet
Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
Yield 4 servings
These stuffed mushrooms taste delicious, and you wouldn't expect that they only take 10 minutes of prep! They pair perfectly with a wide variety of meats and vegetables.
- 1 pound of baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
- 6 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds- reserve 1/4 cup for mushroom topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, bacon, spices and half of the crushed pork rinds.
- Place filling inside the mushrooms.
- Put remaining crushed pork rinds in a shallow dish, and dip the cream cheese side of the mushrooms in the crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
These are also very good on the grill. Cook time would be 15 minutes give or take depending on the grill.
Serving Size 2-3 mushrooms
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 25.28 g
Saturated Fat 14.33 g
Cholesterol 84.53 mg
Sodium 659 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7.15 g
Dietary Fiber 3.18 g
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 17.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.