Mom's Low Carb Buttercream Frosting
Yield 12 Servings
This frosting is really versatile and would go well with almost any cake or cookie. With only 4 ingredients, you can't go wrong!
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup salted butter- softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners erythritol (I use Swerve)
- Wisk the almond milk and almond flour together in a small saucepan
- Cook over medium heat until thick, then set aside to cool
- Beat the butter in a separate bowl until fluffy
- Add confectioners erythritol and beat together
- Once the almond milk/almond flour paste is cool, add it to the confectioners erythritol/butter mixture
- Continue to beat mixture until it is light and fluffy. The longer you beat it, the fluffier it will get!
- Erythritol is a 1:1 substitute to sugar in this recipe. If you substitute with another sweetener, you may need to modify the amount of sweetener.
- There are 15g of sugar alcohols in each serving. The carb value listed is net carbs, which subtracts the sugar alcohols out.
- I like to use European Style or Irish Butter in this recipe, but any butter will work.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 8.27 g
Cholesterol 29.96 mg
Sodium 77.46 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1.53 g
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g
Sugars 0.27 g
Protein 1.56 g
Recipe by Candidly Keto at https://candidlyketo.com/moms-delicious-low-carb-buttercream-frosting/